Happy International Women’s Day! Today it’s all about the ladies. 🙂 So in celebration, I’m going to make a list about ten things I love about myself, cos you know, some self-love never hurt anyone. 😛
1. This girl is loyal. Like loyal with a big L. Once you got me on your corner, you got me for life. Or as long as I’m wanted. As long as you got my trust, you also got my loyalty.
2. A wicked, sometimes sick, always naughty sense of humor. It’s also sarcastic and I sometimes go quite far with my jokes, and it’s definitely not for everyone. But if you happen to like my brand of humor, then I’m extremely fun to be around with. 😛 I can also take jokes well, it would be a challenge to offend me. On the other hand, I’ve been told that I can be quite offensive too. 😀
3. So so emotional. Might have something to do with the fact that I feel every emotional deeply, and I keep my heart open to them. That might also mean that all the good and bad things would affect me greatly, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Cos without the bad, I wouldn’t know what good is.
4. Generous. My mom always says that I behave like a rich person but in truth, I’m quite poor. 😀 I’m one of those people who love to share, and I’m very good at giving gifts.
5. Hedonistic. I love to do things I enjoy doing, and I usually choose my pleasure over everything else. I get easily addicted to things and I’m not afraid to express my obsessions.
6. Curious as a cat. Towards everything in life. In the end of the day, I just love stories. Stories about anything, that’s why I like documentaries, books, movies, history. Just anything that comes with a good story, I want to know. One of the most thrilling things in life is learning something new.
7. Passionate. Guess it’s tied to being hedonistic, but I really don’t have a second gear. I either feel very passionate about something, or I can be utterly nonchalant. I’m not afraid to use extreme words like love and hate and also mean it.
8. Weird and quirky. Well, here’s the thing, I don’t think I am but I’ve been told so many times that I just decided to own it. Someday I would list things I do that are, said to be, weird. 😛
9. Durable. I admire this trait about myself. That no matter how much and how many times I get hurt, I always bounce back and I’ll be ready to do it all over again.
10. My eternal and tireless pursuit of happiness. Me being happy tends to be the most important thing in my life, and sometimes I pursuit happiness even when I know something is not good for me or something might not end well. A bit like eating a lot of chocolate.
Here it is, a short and hopefully sweet post to celebrate the awesomeness of women. 🙂 Do share something you love about yourself in the comments!